Many Activator templates come with comprehensive tutorials that guide you to creating an application using the technologies featured by that template.
A full list of templates can be discovered in the Activator UI.
Additionally, templates are also published on the Typesafe website, a full list of both official and community contributed templates for Play can be found here.
The template directory allows you to browse templates, preview the tutorials that come with the templates, and even download self contained template bundles that allow you to get quickly started with a template.
Some tutorials we recommend:
- Play Scala Intro: Introduction to create a simple CRUD application with Play Scala.
- Reactive Maps: This template and tutorial shows how the Typesafe Reactive Platform can be used to implement scalable, resilient, responsive event driven apps.
- Super Slick Play: This template combines Play Framework with Slick for quick start Slick integrated database-backed web application development.
- Play Java Intro: Introduction to create a simple CRUD application with Play Java.
- Reactive Maps in Java: This template and tutorial shows how the Typesafe Reactive Platform can be used to implement scalable, resilient, responsive event driven apps.
- Play with Spring Data JPA: This is a Play example that uses Spring Data JPA.
Next: Play Modules
Found an error in this documentation? The source code for this page can be found here. After reading the documentation guidelines, please feel free to contribute a pull request.