§Configuring WS SSL
Play WS allows you to set up HTTPS completely from a configuration file, without the need to write code. It does this by layering the Java Secure Socket Extension (JSSE) with a configuration layer and with reasonable defaults.
JDK 1.8 contains an implementation of JSSE which is significantly more advanced than previous versions, and should be used if security is a priority.
§Table of Contents
- Quick Start to WS SSL
- Generating X.509 Certificates
- Configuring Trust Stores and Key Stores
- Configuring Protocols
- Configuring Cipher Suites
- Configuring Certificate Validation
- Configuring Certificate Revocation
- Configuring Hostname Verification
- Example Configurations
- Using the Default SSLContext
- Debugging SSL Connections
- Loose Options
- Testing SSL
JSSE is a complex product. For convenience, the JSSE materials are provided here:
Next: Quick Start
Found an error in this documentation? The source code for this page can be found here. After reading the documentation guidelines, please feel free to contribute a pull request. Have questions or advice to share? Go to our community forums to start a conversation with the community.